Underline the verbs in the following sentences.
- The children go to school by bus.
- Bats sleep during the day.
- These toys belong to Kathy.
- Every pupil has a good dictionary.
- Polar bears live at the North Pole.
- Most children learn very fast.
- Mr. Thomas teaches us science.
- The earth goes around the sun.
- We never cross the street without looking.
- Many stores close on Sunday.
Fill in the blanks with the simple present tense of the verbs in parentheses.
- Winter ________ after autumn. (come)
- A dog ________. (bark)
- You ________ tired. (look)
- Everyone ________ mistakes. (make)
- Ali ________ in a department store. (work)
- Judy ________ English very well. (speak)
- Tim’s knee ________. (hurt)
- Monkeys ________ bananas. (like)
- Kate always ________ sandwiches for lunch. (eat)
- He ________ very fast. (type)
- How to Recognize the Basic Form of a Verb (englishwithasmile.org)
- Bad Tense (lashonta2004.wordpress.com)
- Post 3 – Finite & Non-Finite Verbs (gengsaya2013.wordpress.com)
- [verbs] Conjugating -ar Verbs in the Past Tense (Preterite or Preterito) (spanishforlearners.com)
- Verbs as potentials (thomism.wordpress.com)
- Simpler Than Thou: English Tense Basics: Present Simple (englishwithasmile.org)
- Present Simple Tense (fanulublog.wordpress.com)
- Finite Clauses (hakhadamukm.wordpress.com)