Especially on a rainy and cold day, you will love to have this old fashioned chicken nodule soup. This soup recipe will make you feel warmer on a sold day. The whole preparation time of this soup recipe is around 3 and half hours consisting of 40 minutes of preparation time and 3 hours of cooking time.
- 4 large carrots
- 2 large onions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb of dried fettuccine
- Chicken, 3 1/2 to 4 lb, quartered
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 Tbs. of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch celery
- In a medium sized bowl take some canola oil and pre heat it.
- In the mean time you keep ready the chicken by seasoning it with pepper and salt.
- After 5-10 minutes, when the oil will start to heat add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook it for 10-15 minutes or till the chicken turn brown in color.
- Carrots, thyme sprigs, celery, coriander, onion, chicken broth and bay leaf should be kept ready for the next step, as the next involves the cooking all the ingredients.
- To the above mixture add the chicken and heat with a low heat.
- Keep cooking it with a slow heat for 1 and half hour; later you will notice the falling off the bones.
- In a large pot take some water and boil it by adding some salt to it and add the pastas to the boiling water.
- Drain the noodles and allow cooling in an open place with the aid of cold running water.
- After discarding the chicken from the bone, cut it into pieces.
- In the chicken pot cook the pasta for 4-5 minutes with occasional stirring so that the thickness of the soup recipe will be maintained.
- Chicken with white wine, bacon and brussel sprouts (divineanddeliciousliving.com)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (strawberrylentils.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Noodle Soup (oohaahcooking.com)
- Italian Wedding Soup (eatyourtarteout.com)
- Hello homemade wonton noodle soup! (hellokittyfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Home Chicken Soup with Vermicelli (nortononfood.wordpress.com)
- quick chicken noodle soup (tuck-shop.com.au)
- Cella’s Chicken Noodle Soup (cookingcellastyle.com)
- Perfect Homemade Chicken Soup (worldlycooking.wordpress.com)