Disabling StartUp Programs in Windows Can SpeedUp Your PC/ Laptop
For some programs, it’s smart to have them start with Windows, such as anti-virus and firewall software. However, for most programs, starting them at boot-up just wastes resources and extends startup time. There is a tool installed with Windows, called MSConfig, that allows you to quickly and easily see what’s running at startup and disable the programs you prefer to run on our own after startup as needed. This tool is available and can be used to disable startup programs in Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
NOTE: MSConfig can be used to configure several things other than just startup programs, so be careful what you do with it. If you’re not sure about using it, just follow the steps in this article and you should be fine.
To run MSConfig, open the Start menu and type “msconfig.exe” (without the quotes) in the Search box. As you type, results display. When you see “msconfig.exe,” click on it or press Enter, if it is highlighted.
NOTE: If you are using Windows XP, open the Run dialog box from the Start menu, type “msconfig.exe” in the Open edit box, and click OK.
See the Pictures below for clear instructions!
Then Select msconfig and you will see the dialog box as follow:
Select the startup programs to be disabled by unchecking the StartUp Item and you will be prompted with …
A dialog box displays telling you that you may need to restart your computer for the changes to take affect. Click Restart to restart your computer immediately. If are not ready to restart your computer, click Exit without restart.
Hope it helps you …!
- How To Enable or Disable Windows 8 Startup Programs (santanun.wordpress.com)
- Disable Unnecessary Start up items : Windows (softech029.wordpress.com)
- How to get the Start menu back in Windows 8 (reviews.cnet.com)
- Yahoo! Messenger Uninstaller – How to Remove and Uninstall Yahoo! Messenger Completely (freeuninstalltips.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft 70-680 training and testing (xaviorye2.wordpress.com)
- Win8 StartButton gets your Start menu back in Windows 8 (reviews.cnet.com)
- Windows 7 Stuck On Welcome Screen (pitoukh.wordpress.com)
- How to Manage Startup Applications in Windows 8 (howtogeek.com)
- I hate when Windows just decides to do something random. (theartofhating.wordpress.com)
- Windows Xp Speed Up – How to Speed Up Windows Xp the Quick and Easy Way (facegoodman2.wordpress.com)