The new search feature in Windows 7 has been greatly improved, however, some users may not want to use it and are using a third party utility instead. If that is the case, you might want to completely get rid of the search feature and we’ll show you how.
Disable Windows Search
If you want to disable Windows Search, click on Start and select Control Panel.
Click on “Uninstall Program” in Control Panel dialogue box
Next in the left panel click on the Turn Windows features on or off hyperlink.
Scroll down the list and uncheck the box next to Windows Search.
Click yes to the message asking if you’re sure you want to continue.
Now click Ok in the Windows Features window.
A progress message comes up while the changes take place.
Then a restart is required to complete the changes.
When you get back from the reboot you’ll no longer see the Search box in the Start Menu.
Hope it helps you.
- Enable and Disable System Restore in Windows 7 (businessmz866.wordpress.com)
- SpeedUp Your PC From StartUp Programs (businessmz866.wordpress.com)
- Stop Windows Shutting Down or Rebooting (businessmz866.wordpress.com)
- What Are the Fastest Tools for Windows Desktop Search? (makeuseof.com)
- Start Menu Reviver Receives Update (news.softpedia.com)
- Tips to Speed Up Your Computer (yasinmansuri16.wordpress.com)
- Tips to Speed Up Your Computer (yasumans.wordpress.com)
- Win8 StartButton gets your Start menu back in Windows 8 (reviews.cnet.com)
- Find Files Faster (clinopstoolkit.com)
- How to get the Start menu back in Windows 8 (cprogramminglanguage44905.wordpress.com)