- 500 g sausage
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tins of red lentils – rinsed
- 2 tins of canned cherry tomatoes
- 1 small sachet tomato paste
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic – crushed
- Fresh basil or parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- More fresh basil or parsley for garnishing
- crème fraiche or yogurt(optional)
- Take the sausage meat out of the casings and form into small meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pot and fry the meatballs until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the pot and keep one side.
- In the same sausage flavored oil, add the paprika and sauté the onion and garlic.
- When the onion is soft and translucent, add all the ingredients except the crème fraiche and some of the fresh herbs.
- Bring to the boil and add the meatballs.
- Turn the heat right down and allow the soup to simmer and for the sausage flavors to infuse all the other ingredients.
- When ready to serve, drizzle some crème fraiche over the top and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Serve with a crusty farm loaf!
- Tilapia Fish Tacos With Wasabi Crème Fraîche (somephreshperspective.wordpress.com)
- Speedy weeknight suppers: prawn, tomato and chilli spaghetti (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cloudy with a chance of meatballs (greenleaftwentythree.wordpress.com)
- Meatballs!! (elizabethloomis.wordpress.com)
- Go Local Luncheon Tips (potterybarn.com)
- Beef Strogonoff (homekitchenbistro.wordpress.com)
- Bangers with caramelised red onion & mustard mash (scranblog.wordpress.com)
- Caramelised Onion Dip (madicattt.com)
- Lamb Chops with Chunky Plum Sauce + Crème Fraiche (fingerforkknife.com)
- It’s BBQ Time: Clodagh’s Lip-Smackingly Good Summer Salads (thedailydigest.clodaghmckenna.com)