- 45ml olive oil
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 4clovesgarlic – crushed
- 1 chili – chopped and seeds removed (optional)
- 3400 g cans whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 750mlgood quality chicken or vegetable stock
- 45ml tomato paste
- 30mlbalsamic vinegar
- 30ml brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of stale ciabatta – broken into pieces
- A handful of roughly chopped basil
- A handful of roughly chopped parsley
- 1 packet of Calamata olives – pitted and halved
- Sauté the onion, garlic and chili in the heated olive oil until soft and aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes and heat through briefly.
- Add the stock, paste, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Cover and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place the bread pieces into the soup, cover and simmer for another 15-20 minutes. If too thick, add more hot stock.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh herbs and olives.
- Serve topped with plenty pecorino and drizzle with olive oil.
- The Veggie and Fish Week of Welcome. (Day 2) (theeternallyhungry.wordpress.com)
- How To Get I Really Love you From Hubby…Meatballs (mrsgraceydairyfree.wordpress.com)
- The Onion goes Solo (theartiscooking.wordpress.com)
- Soup! (danielalexanderwalker.wordpress.com)
- Stuffed Portobello Caps (thestormbrewing.wordpress.com)
- Low Calorie Spicy Tomato and Lentil Soup (diaryofaperthgirl.com)
- Grilled Garlicky Chicken and Asparagus with Avocado Bruschetta (peachesandcake.com)
- Chickpea Soup (scoutforfood.wordpress.com)
- on the menu : swiss chard “noodle” salad (wgfoodie.wordpress.com)
- A little trip to Loire Valley, anyone? (ktchieng.wordpress.com)