Make sunflowers even more cheery by using this step-by-step guide to design a fun pot in which your sunny plants will flourish.
Bright, sunny sunflowers look pretty in a pot. You can make them look even more cheerful by painting the pot and giving it a smiley face. For quick results, use dwarf sunflower seeds, but if you want to grow a pot person that’s taller than you, use other varieties and a bigger pot. This project takes 10 weeks to complete.
- 5 quart (5 liter) cans or bigger
- enamel paints
- polyethylene bag
- sunflower seeds
- watering can
- pencil or pointed stick
1. Paint Your Flowerpots
Draw the designs for the clothes of your flowerpot people on paper first. Then, use enamel paints to copy the designs onto some cans.
2. Fill the Pots With Soil
Ask an adult to make holes in the base of each can. Then, spread some gravel on the bottom for drainage. Now fill the cans up with soil and water them well.
3. Choose Your Sunflower Seeds
While dwarf seeds will produce the quickest results, other varieties to consider are the Ring of Fire (seen here), Teddy Bear and Pacino sunflowers.
- Sunflower racing (oneoffordinary.wordpress.com)
- Michigan company recalls sunflower seed products (crainsdetroit.com)
- Sunflower (jademily.wordpress.com)
- diy enamel paint projects (fudgeyjoy.wordpress.com)
- Josh Reddick apologies for hitting Astros employee with sunflower seeds (sfgate.com)
- Taking Care of your Potted Plants (largefiberglassplanters.wordpress.com)
- Sunflower Smiles (kezumiew.wordpress.com)
- The Majestic Sunflower (herbworkshop.wordpress.com)
- Catnip (first50.wordpress.com)
- Sunflowers (quiltobsession.wordpress.com)